Sunday, March 21, 2010

We The People Bio - Whitney Reed

Hi, I am Whitney Reed. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am the oldest of four kids. I am a member of the debate team. I love to travel and learn about the world around me. I highly enjoy politics and history. I am also a member of the We the People team. I can honestly say that We the People has been the best decision I’ve made in my high school years. It has broadened my perspective of the world. It has taught me to be more accepting of others beliefs and a more tolerant person all around. It has instilled a new confidence in me and taught me how to work as a team. Most of all, this program has instilled a love and passion for The United States and education in me. Because of this passion I have decided to double major in Political Science and History and then eventually get my PhD in education, so that I can instill this passion in others. I love to serve and I feel that I can give back through teaching. I attribute these goals because of We the People. I am so grateful for this experience and so excited to compete in D.C!

No comments:

Post a Comment